October 26, 2007

Nathan a dit "non"

Nathan has been able to communicate with us for some time now.

Let's recap:
  • "I'm tired" = long, ear-splitting scream
  • "I'm wet" = long, ear-splitting scream
  • "I'm hungry" = long, ear-splitting scream
  • "I'm not hungry anymore" = long, ear-splitting scream + turning his head/grabbing the spoon and making a mess everywhere -- at least he doesn't spit food back out (yet)
  • "I'm happy" = long, blissfully sweet silence (or even sweeter, laughter!)
His vocabulary has really picked up in the past few weeks...

Last week when Alex was getting ready to take Nathan out of the bath, Nathan began shaking his head violently from side-to-side, clearly telling us that he did not want to get out of the bath. There was some long, ear-splitting screaming which accompanied the gesture to hammer the point home.

More recently he has begun to accompany the side-to-side head shaking with the words "no na na no non no na no non nu nu nu" (or the like). Clearly wanting to imitate the sounds that we make when we say no.

If I can get a video of it I'll post it for you to see... non non non non non!

No comments: