May 31, 2007

Paris... summary

Paris this year was quite different then the other years. First, I stayed 6 weeks instead of the usual 2. It was still too short for my taste but much better than the other years. I finally had time to... well...do nothing!

Second, the presidential election drew out such passion from everyone that no matter which side you were on, you would find yourself debating about which candidate should win with your neighbor, baker, taxi drivers, etc. The outcome pleased a good majority and seemed to create hope and a new energy that had seemed to be lost.



Third, I got to see my high-school friends. Zozo, who happened to overlap her stay in Paris with mine for a couple of days. Dinner at her parents with my parents, Sam and Nathan was amazingly good: Avocado cream with foie gras, Gigot, and TWO deserts, a Meringue à la crème et fruits rouges and pots au chocolat.... hummm. And Nathan grew a fascination for Monsieur Z.'s conversation.

I happened to be there for Youmna's birthday and finally met her cute 3-year-old daughter, Oriana. Then, I made a surprise visit to Aurore, I had not seen for ~15 years, at her kid's store, Louping.

We visited our common friend Jean-Pierre and met his wife and lovely daughter Chloe.

Last but not least, while walking in my neighborhood, I hear someone whisper my name in the random chance it would be me, and there was Aurélie! Her daughter Elisa, 8 months, is the most gracious baby I had ever seen. Charming everyone all the time. Nathan tried to chase her but was at a slight disadvantage... for now!


This also gave us the opportunity to use Aurélie's services as a photographer to get Sam in some shots with Nathan and me.

Finally, Nathan was there to be introduced to everyone my grand-parents, both recovering from being in the hospital; my aunt and cousins, Jordan and Ruben; the Feders --Laurent and Stéphane, for once, were both in Paris in the same time so we spent a Friday night together.

Plus all the milestones Nathan went through while in his second home: rolling over, scooting backwards (see where he goes now without adult supervision!), 2 teeths, and saying "ma-ma-ma" (tried to teach him "pa-pa"but he's smart he knows where his food comes from ;-)


And yes, I shopped -- how could I be in Paris and not shop! Here is how my luggage cart looked like coming back to San Francisco --by myself with Nathan. Heureusement, Sam has a "big" (enough) car!

No comments: