June 27, 2007

Under-age customers!

The most stupid thing happened to us today. I was supposed to go meet people from my company at O'Neil's Irish Pub by the ATT Arena to introduce them to Nathan. After one hour of packed public transportation -- that's what happens on baseball game days -- I arrived at the pub with Nathan in the Bjorn. I entered by the door closest to the tables occupied by my company and started greeting everyone.
About 5 minutes later, a security guy comes up to me and tells me I can't stay there "because of their policy about under-age drinking". I look at him puzzled: who was he calling under-age? He then pointed at Nathan, so jokingly I answered that Nathan was not going to drink... Well, he was not joking so I did have to go outside. They even felt compelled to close the back door, probably by fear of having me or Nathan crawl back in to have a drink!
Is it possible to be so stupid as to take rules so literally that it would obstruct common sense? The answer is yes, because everyone knows how drunk those little 6-month old babies get... on milk!

No comments: