July 8, 2007

iWon

The Apple iPhone came out on June 29 while we were in Asheville, so as soon as we came home Sam started monitoring the iPhone inventory at Apple stores around the Bay (www.apple.com/retail/iphone). Finally, after a long night online, Saturday morning we find that both the San Francisco and the Burlingame stores have some iPhones available. We voted to make a trip to Burlingame thinking there would be less of a rush and easier parking. A good opportunity for me to make a stop at the Baby Gap store too.
The store was opening at 10 am. Nathan shortened his morning nap so that we could leave early enough to make it, as if he could tell something important was going on. We arrived at the store at 10:20 and while I parked the car, Sam ran in and snagged the LAST iPhone!

Sam was on a cloud, and waited patiently while I shopped at Baby Gap and Janie and Jack, evne though he was eager to get home to start playing with his new "toy"... I mean "business tool".

Sunday morning, after a long night of playing with the iPhone, Sam tells me he's got bad news and good news: the bad news is that the iPhone is not suitable as a "business tool" and the good news is that he's giving it to me... if I liked it!

So... iWon!

PS: Sunday morning we went phone shopping for Sam and he got a new Blackberry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Alex, I was sure that Iphone was not for Sam. The best cell for "men at work" is the HTC 710 ;-) JP

Alexandra Fell said...

Looks good. I don't know why we don't ever see these phones in the US. Before getting the iPhone, I had my eye on a HTC phone as well (a bit different than the 710) but didn't want to spend the money!
I have to say though the iPhone is really great!