July 16, 2007

Mommy brain!

What else stupid could I possibly do after washing my cell phone? Well, don't you worry, I did find something else... locking myself out with Nathan in my arms!

Very simple to do when your keys are not where they are supposed to be (i.e. in the car instead of in my bag). I drove home, opened the garage door, parked the car, picked up Nathan and the diaper bag, closed the car, then the garage door by hitting the inside button. I get up the stairs, look for the house keys in the diaper bag, in my pockets... no where to be found. Crap!


I run over to the Garage Master people around the block, hoping they'd be able to open the garage door. Well, no. "Thankfully" the new systems are more secure so they can't just "grab" a frequency and open the door.


It's 4:00 pm, Sam's at work for yet another good couple of hours. No job, and al. can't have him just rescue me. Nathan was a good sport at first and thought hanging out outside was pretty fun. Last resort, called a locksmith who got me in with Nathan sleeping in my arms.


That leads me to likely cause -- I wish -- of this "forgetfulness": Nathan's sleep training. After a few though weeks of bad sleep and a few night of waking up every 2 hours, we felt it was time to sleep train Nathan. We are at Day 3 and it is going better. It is probably the hardest thing I had to do since he was born, but we feel committed to the process no matter how long it takes.

No comments: