May 12, 2009

I want to do a petit petit big po po

Warning: This post contains references to bodily functions. If you don't want to read about them, don't continue reading.

Tonight as I was tucking Nathan in, he said he had to go pee-pee. He had just gone about 10 minutes before and I thought he was just stalling, so I said quietly, "Nathan, it's time to go to sleep."

"But the pee-pee is coming!" he exclaimed. The urgency in his voice seemed real... so I took him to the potty and he was right!

After we did the "pee-pee dance" to celebrate a little, I took him back to his room and started the bedtime routine again.

As I was getting ready to leave his room, he said "I have to go po po."

It seemed like another stall tactic, but he had been right before... so away we went to the bathroom.

After about 10 minutes, we had almost given up. He kept telling us that he needed to do a "petit petit big po po" (little little big po po), and would put his hands in front of his face and rub his little fingers together on each hand like he was playing the smallest violin in the world, just for us. It was definitely strange and we didn't understand it, but it made perfect sense to Nathan.

Alex decided to try to move him from his little potty (pictured) to the regular toilet, to see if that would help. Well, it worked. And we went to the kitchen to do a celebratory "po po dance," and I started hearing some pretty loud farts coming from Nathan's direction.

Nathan looked at me, quite proud of himself, and said, "I did a prout (fart)."

About five seconds later, he got a crazed look in his eyes and ran towards me saying, "I need to go po po." Immediately after, he started running towards me, another loud fart was heard and his eyes got even wider as he turned and started running towards the bathroom, checking behind him to make sure I was following him.

Turns out he was right, again!

No comments: