May 11, 2009

You are my tender heart...

Alex bought a few books a while back. One was "Mama, do you love me?" and the other was "Papa, do you love me?"

I instantly liked the "Mama" book... but wasn't so thrilled with the story in the "Papa" book.

In the book, there is a page where the Papa says to his son, "you are my tender heart, and I am your Papa."

Today after I got home from work Nathan was really acting out. So much so that I had to put him in several time-outs in a very short time period.

When I came back to get him after a particularly serious incident, he said he was sorry.

I gave him a hug and said "I know you're sorry, but you keep doing it. It makes Papa very sad that you do this, Nathan. What you did was mean, and you're not a mean boy."

"I'm your tender-heart" he said (audio recording of him saying the same thing at a later date, below)

No comments: